Those who dream are resourceful and those who are resourceful make their dreams a reality

Tuesday 4 August 2015

To the Sea

Point Lobos State Natural Reserve
July 10 - 12, 2015

Grainy sand between gold painted toes. Shoulders bronzed and kissed.
I sit on the beach, my partner right beside. I scan the raw terrain, critically then softly all at once.

I try and understand the overgrown weeds, the rocky low cliffs and the discolored sea. I see the imperfection and ever more embrace.

Nature is not about perfection but the flaws that make it beautiful. It is why we seek the unusual. The "out of place" that explains the rules or the ordinary.

Monterey is not a white beach. It's no Bondi. It's no Manly. It is a city that rests on rugged coast. The beautiful found in the distorted and twisted.

The choice, to see all. Experience all for what is and perceive through the power of refocus.

I looked to the sea. What I found is what I'm still finding.

Metaphorical? Yes.
Annoying? Maybe.
Truthful? Honestly so.
The Jellies Experience (special edition), Monterey Bay Aquarium

No comments:

Post a Comment